Monday, May 31, 2010

Roadtrip: Oklahoma! – Lunch in Paris!

I tried to have lunch in Paris today, but I could not find anything open. Yep, I stopped off in Paris, Texas.

How can you not like a city whose tag line is... "Second Largest Paris in the World." Following a tradition of American cities named "Paris", a 65-foot (20 m) replica of the Eiffel Tower was constructed in 1993. In 1998, presumably as a response to the 1993 construction of a 70-foot (21 m) tower in Paris, Tennessee, the city placed a giant red cowboy hat atop the tower. The current tower is at least the second Eiffel Tower replica built in Paris; the first was constructed of wood and later destroyed by a tornado.



My favorite is that it the city is rated Risk Zone 1 for earthquake potential, the lowest rating possible! I like that fact, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment