Thursday, December 16, 2010

My favourite Christmas things... so far!

My Favourite New Christmas Ornament (Collections) :-)

Every year the US Congress releases an official holiday ornament and I have been collecting them since 2006 (the year I came to the US). Last year I got to visit the Capitol and the White House in DC and so these ornaments took on a whole new meaning to me. Today I got the 2010 one. This year's ornament celebrates winter and depicts the East Front of the Capitol. On the ornament, the Capitol appears as it exists today while a horse-drawn carriage reminds us of the building's origins at the end of the 18th century. The vignette is crafted of multiple layers of finely enameled cutwork metal placed to create a three-dimensional scene. It truly is beautiful!

Thank you Kathy G!





My Other Favourite Christmas Ornament (Single editions)


Seven boots, cowboy hat and a sheriff badge! Very fitting! Not sure if i want to meet the cowboy that has a need for three boots though!

Thank you Patrik and Diana for this gem inbetween the other goodies!











My Favourite Virtual Christmas Card

Is a card I got from Amtrak Guest Rewards. It is pretty neat and uses the precipt of a children's pop up book to travel from coast to coast. Very well done, but hey, look for yourself and turn up those speakers... http://holidaycard.myamtrak.com/agr.html




My Favourite New Elf

Santa's newest helper, Christmas Trevor, urged us this morning to 'Believe' while doling out fistfuls of Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuits!

I have never so fervently believed in a sandwich, while inside my brain my seven personallities competed with each other shouting "I Believe Santa, I BELIEVE!"!

Ugh, it is going to be a loooooong day.

Thank you for the breakfast treat, Christmas Trevor!!







My Favourite Christmas Song


My Favourite Christmas Card
Okay, so this is one of my favourite Christmas cards this year. The photo is of Valerie, a colleague of mine, her husband Tony, Rosie the dog and their pet calf - Holstine.

He is an adoptee from the Mercy Ships Ranch and was obtained to replace a new born calf that went missing. After a few days the original calf turned up and Holstine was not needed anymore.

The Moreland’s adopted him and he went to go stay with them at their little house. We suggested that  they name him Sir Loin, but they graciously declined...

No comments:

Post a Comment